Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Let the creation begin!

Airports excite me.

The sounds of rolling suitcases, the multitude of languages flying around, the crazy motorized carts, arrivals, departures...it gets my fires burning and travel bug jumping.

From the time I can remember, I was always venturing somewhere. When I was 5, I went on my first plane ride to Edmonton. Not exactly exotic but a fresh, new experience for my young self.

Another cherished memory is being with my dad on his boat. He was a commercial fisherman so there were many summers spent boating up the coast of BC, hanging out at the docks in Prince Rupert, and working hard as a deckhand on the wide open ocean. If we weren't fishing, we were road-tripping every chance we got. Whether it was driving up to the Interior of BC to see family, flying to Disneyland, Vegas, or Ontario, touring Vancouver Island in an RV, and spending Spring Break driving along the West Coast down to California and back.

It's not a wonder why I can't sit still for too long, whether it's short travels or long ones. I'm at my happiest when I get to venture because travel is (and has been) a big part of my life. It's only now I realize how important it is for my soul and why I need to do it more often.

Speaking of which, it almost time to board!

Time to say au revoir.
Let's do this!

1 comment:

  1. Have a blast!! Good luck and safe travels. I'm so excited for you, for the trip and for the flying. Bon voyage!

    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete