Monday, May 21, 2012

9:45PM - Venice : Day 12


It was a gloomy, wet, cold day today but that wasn't gonna stop this West Coast girl from wandering to the island of Burano. Figured I'd give my museum-hopping a rest and do some island hopping instead.

If Murano is quiet, Burano barely has a pulse - I love it :) With Venice being so hectic and swarming with people and boat traffic, Burano was a nice change of pace. I could definitely see myself spending long weekends here if I lived close enough.

After a few hours there, I hopped on a vaporetto which I thought would take me back to Venice but I somehow ended up in Lido. I guess now I can say I've been to both islands and saw lots of scenery along the way. The boats are too much fun to putter around in though - even if you do end up on the wrong island.

When I got back to Venice, I was extremely soggy and wet so it was time to do some laundry and have a slice of pizza. Nothing does pizza like Italy! Mmmm.

And now, like a travelling gypsy, it's time to pack up and head out in the morning for Florence.
See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment