Tuesday, May 22, 2012

8:45PM - Venice to Florence : Day 13


Despite the hundreds of tourists, annoying mosquitoes buzzing around your ear at night, and the earthquake, I was sad to say goodbye to Venice today. The smell of the ocean, the vaporetto's, the beautiful glass & masks...a beautiful city overall. I hope to return someday to see and do the things I didn't get a chance to.

On to another city though; Full of new experiences.

Unfortunately my suitcase broke on the way here so the handle no longer retracts. I may have to carry it the rest of the way. (Noooooo!) But my hotel in Florence is near the train station, right in the Piazza del Duomo which helps for now. It also made it easy to check out a mechanical DaVinci museum around the corner, Ponte Vecchio, and climb my way to the top of the Duomo. It was stormy today in Florence which gave me a perfect opportunity to snap this shot when I got to the top. This moment made it worth the climb up the hundreds of steps.

Compared to Europe we definitely have it easy with all of our elevators, escalators, and space. That's one thing I would say about travelling here; Pack light, bring good shoes, and ensure your accommodations are near a train station, a metro station, or in and around the places you want to see. It'll save you a lot of hassle.

Tomorrow it's the Accademia and Uffizi galleries.
I also hear there's a gelato festival going on so I'll probably check that out at some point too.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment