Thursday, May 24, 2012

9PM - Florence : Day 15


Well it was another fine day in Florence; The sun was hot and the day was open to do whatever I wanted. With my crowded, people-packed day yesterday, the serenity of the Boboli Garden was just what I needed so that's where I headed first thing.

As I wandered through the maze of greenery, I felt a little like Alice in Wonderland - anticipating a run-in with the Queen of Hearts and her card guards but to no avail. All I found was statues, flowers, birds, and a few museums. I could have spent all day there but I wanted to check out the rest of the gelato festival since I only got to visit one of the many piazza's it was being held in yesterday.

And I'm glad I did since the main piazza (which I missed yesterday) was where the master gelato makers from around Italy were sampling their most decadent flavours! A great way to cool off from the summer heat and appreciate what REAL gelato tastes like. A creamy, flavourful delight!

Later in the evening, I was feeling lazy so I decided hang out in my room and rig up my suitcase for tomorrow's travels. In one of the pockets, I found a long piece of belt-like material with two interlocking clips on each end. I assume it's to attach a smaller bag from the set, to the top of the suitcase. Well, now I'm using it as a handle so I can pull my suitcase instead of having to carry it.Yay! My suitcase blunders have been solved. It seems as though my shout-out for DaVinci's help lastnight paid off!

So yes, it's goodbye to Florence and on to my last city tomorrow - Rome. I have lots going on there so I'm sure the remainder of this trip will fly by. I can't believe it's almost time to go home! It's gone so fast!

Oh and if you aren't on Facebook and want to check out some photos I've taken along the way, please visit my travel photo gallery here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment