Monday, April 2, 2012

Wanderlust

Another week passes and now that the "grown-up" stuff is finished for the time being, it's back to the fun; The fun dreaming, the fun of wonder, the fun of getting lost in your favourite travel movies. My top three which I will get lost in over and over again are:

Midnight in Paris. This is one that I absolutely fall in love with each time I watch it. I, too, have the fantasy of stepping into an era where great painters and writers existed. How exciting it would be to sip a latté with Dali, hear the life story of Picasso, and most importantly, live in Paris in the 1920's. If only that cross-over was a reality, I would visit every night! But if I'm lucky enough, I can absorb a little bit of that inspiration from the city itself, knowing they walked the streets at one point in time.




Eat, Pray, Love. Another goodie of mine that I could watch again and again. Some days, I wish I could live in a completely different world and just wander, figuring it out as I go. As I'm starting to realize though, I'm more of a planner than I once thought. That doesn't mean I don't have a little bit of an explorer in me. This movie brings out that explorer and reminds me that life can be an amazingly wonderful journey - if I let it be.



One Week. This film is awesome not only because it's set in Canada, but it speaks volumes when it comes to "carpe diem" which really hits home for me. Over the years I have experienced many life changing moments which made me re-evaluate myself and my direction, again and again. From health scares to heartbreaking loss, the message being reiterated to me is live life to the fullest, at every moment, no matter what. Capturing dreams big or small, embracing what is, and letting go of what isn't or never was. And even though I may not be perfect at following this motto 100% of the time, I will always strive to live a full life whether it's eating a new food, making a new friend, taking a trip to somewhere new, and embracing the many more moments - good or bad - that lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment