Thursday, June 7, 2012

A New Beginning

After signing off on my last post, I figured this blog would be a distant memory until my next big trip. To tell you the truth, I started to miss writing in it. I quite enjoyed sharing my experiences and stories with people who took the time to read it so I have decided to keep writing. Even though I may not be in Europe, I am still travelling through life as a free spirit and always have a perspective or a story to share so I will continue to write until I have nothing left to say.

As you know, the plan was to move to Vancouver after I got back. Well as of June 16th, that's exactly what I'll be doing. I found a small studio loft in Gastown which will be a 5 minute walk to work and in the vicinity of some great food, great entertainment, and great friends. I can't believe it happened so quickly but when I decide I want to do it, it tends to happen sooner than later.

The dejunking has commenced which means some buried memories and feelings have come to the surface. It's like an archaeological dig. Some things you come across are wonderful finds while others are shattered pieces of something that once was and cannot be put back together. Most of the latter, I feel I have let go of as it no longer serves a purpose in my life. This also includes furniture that was accumulated when I was coupled with someone which no longer suits my taste.

Am I frickin' nuts?! Sometimes I wonder.

Getting rid of all my furniture seems a bit mad, yes, but maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much? For the first time in a very long time I am following my crazy gut feelings, my illogical whims, my impulsive nature, just like I used to. When I didn't have someone hovering over me, criticizing my every move. It feels good to feed that beast because the curious cat in me wonders what will come of it. What will my new life look like? And there's the beauty! I can build it, create it, fashion it...any way I want.

And this, is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment