Saturday, June 9, 2012

Heave ho and letting go

Looking at a room full of furniture you will be ridding yourself of, can bring up some interesting emotions.

When I was emptying out drawers, shelves, and breaking everything down for the junk removal guys, I had some weepy moments. I came to terms with the fact that I'm letting go of the life I used to have (and share) with someone. I'm letting go of the person I used to be. I'm embracing the life I've wanted for so long and transforming into the person I want to be. It's always tough to say goodbye but also just as exciting so the tears were that of sadness and joy. Who knew we could feel two opposing feelings at one time.

According to Louis L. Hay, 'In order to make room for the new, we must release the old and the outworn. This is true for physical items as well as for mental ideas'.

So I wonder what a room full of furniture equates to - other than new furniture? What new ideas, thoughts, and beliefs will come of this upheaval?

We will find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment